If ever there was a go~to recipe in my repertoire this is it! It is super easy, super delicious, and did I mention that cauliflower is my absolute favorite vegetable??? If you didn’t know how great cauliflower is, let me give you the rundown…
Veganism and Me
I have been vegan for just over 4 years and just recently I made the conscious effort to really focus on incorporating more whole-food, plant-based meals in my life. I have been feeling so incredibly different and it has really helped me to get to a healthier weight with increased energy and metabolism💖
For those of you trying to eat healthier without the sacrifice, this recipe is right up your alley! I have even thrown this together in the morning and packed it for lunch before I head to the office…it is that easy!
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower and Mushroom Gratin
- Head of Cauliflower, broken up into florets
- 1-2 cups sliced mushrooms (based on preference)
- 6 Tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp Vegan Mayonnaise, such as Follow Your Heart
- 2 Tbsp Panko Italian Breadcrumbs
This makes 4 side servings, but you can halve the recipe for one healthy serving or two side servings.
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine vegan mayonnaise and buffalo sauce and whisk together until they are smooth and creamy – I like to use a bowl that is large enough to throw in the veggies with space to toss and that comes with a lid🥗
- Add the cauliflower to the bowl, put on the lid (or something to cover the bowl, and shake to evenly coat.
- Once the cauliflower is evenly coated, add in the mushrooms and toss again.
- Place the contents of the bowl into a baking dish and try to arrange so that the florets are facing up.
- Sprinkle the Panko Italian breadcrumbs evenly over the cauliflower and mushrooms.
- Pop in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy😊
I will tell you I have shared this recipe with other family cooks and I have always been given positive feedback LOL! What is also great is that you can really make some different variations…You don’t like mushrooms? Don’t put them in! Wanna toss in some red bell pepper or Brussels sprouts? Go ahead! Another topping that I love using instead of the breadcrumbs is my homemade vegan Parmesan cheese! It’s like magical, salty goodness that goes amazing with pasta, but can really jazz up any dish😉